Choosing a good software testing training institute like SQUAD Infotech is always a difficult task. Many institutes fake about their staff skills, experience, and education. Some of the institutes make false commitments of 100 % placement. You should get all the details of the institutes before joining any institute. The focus must be on the syllabus, course content, and quality of teaching.
Factors to keep in mind before joining any Software Testing Course
- Which tools are covered during the automation testing course
- Concepts of both automation as well as manual testing should be taught to the students
- What kind of tools are being used for the automation testing course? You also need to know about the types of projects that will be covered during the same
- Check the course content of the software institute and ensure they cover all the relevant topics as per your requirements
- You can get feedback and recommendations from friends who have already passed out from that institute
- A certificate should be provided after the successful completion of the software testing course. It will add a value to your resume, when you will be searching for a job as a software tester
- Job guarantee should be there. If the institute claims of 100% placement guarantee, it must be written on registered legal document
- Soft skills and presentation skills training form a part of software testing class for overall personality development of the students. It helps gain confidence and success in interviews
- Enquire about the last campus placements conducted at the institute. Get to know about the companies visited and recruited.
- Who is your mentor, and what are his/her qualifications
- Syllabus of course content must be relevant to you
- Aptitude training should be a part of a program as it helps the students to crack aptitude tests when they face different rounds of interviews. Mock interviews should be conducted, which provide students valuable tips for cracking real interviews. It keeps the candidate’s moral high and gives confidence
- Foreign language coaching should be provided, either in German or French languages for overseas placements
We try to get to the root of some myths surrounding software testing:
Testing is unexciting – Testing appears to be a dull and repetitive job. People have a misconception that the tester’s work is always the same and they keep doing the same data entry without any innovation.
Fact – Testing is an ongoing process and requires innovation and creativity at each level.
No training is required in testing – This is another myth, leading many to believe that testing is an easy job and requires no formal training and practice. People believe that it is not difficult to find and create the bug.
Fact – There are cases when testing is tedious and more complicated than development. In few of the projects sometimes it is hard to analyse the behaviour without code. Testers require an in-depth understanding of methods and processes of testing. Formal training is required to enhance the skills of the tester.
Software testing and quality control are same – 85% people think that software testing and quality control are the same. Quality control, software testing and quality assurance are similarly-used terms.
Fact – Testing is only a constituent of software quality control. It recognizes the bugs for a stakeholder. Quality control includes many other processes such as self-review, peer review, and structured walk.
The purpose of testing is to ensure a defect free product – Most people think that the prime objective of software testing to create 100% defect free products.
Fact – The aim of testing is to discover as many errors as possible, whileensuring that the software meets the requirements of the user. Identifying and resolving all the defects is not possible.
Automation process replaces the needs of manual testing – This common myth assumes that automated software testing are equivalent to the manual tests.
Fact – Automation tools cannot replace human feelings and emotion. For instance, a tool can test the colour, font, and layout of the screen but cannot analyze the judgment and skills required to develop the software.
In the profession of software development, testing plays an important role, which helps to improve the quality, reliability & performance of a software application. Without software testing, the quality and performance of the products released will fall, thus impacting the business. Also, once released, software issues and errors are more expensive to fix than when done in development phase.
Software Testing is important:
1. To discover defects
2. To avoid user detecting problems.
3. To prove that the software has no faults
4. To learn about the reliability of the software.
6. To ensure that product works as expected
Three Main Objective of software testing
(1) Determine that software meets end user requirements – Software Testing is not only about finding defects in code, it also checks products against requirements.It ensures that product meets its specification.
(2) Software Testing also demonstrates that the software is fit for use – Software Testing is done to make sure that software is fit for use for the client or user who will be using the software.
(3) Find Defects/Bugs in software – Software testing finds the defects or bugs in software. Fixing those defects or bugs improves the quality of software.
The software testing course is divided into two parts:
PSTD and PSTS, which includes ISTQB and real time projects.
- PSTD (Professional Software Testing Diploma) – Software Testing knowledge with fundamental Automation Tools
- PSTS (Professional Software Testing Specialist) – Software Testing knowledge with Advance Automation Tools
Course Duration of these courses: 140 Days
The regular fees of these courses: vary from institute to institute. However, software testing courses in Mumbai with course fee are in the range of 10,000/- to 25,000/-
You’ll learn in software testing course
- Testing throughout the testing lifecycle
- Test design techniques
- Static techniques
- Test Management
- Tools support for testing
This software testing course provides the following career benefits:
- This is a program that guides a professional in shaping a career as a software tester.
- Certified software testers are most needed-after by the IT recruiters as they are the foundation of successful products and projects.
- Improves skills on software testing through this course.
The quintessential premise on the basis of which every technology in the world is created is to reduce mechanical work by a human. However, that technology is not 100% foolproof and can often contain glitches which can hamper work. The easiest example that comes to mind is the Beta version of a new Microsoft Windows. It is the same case with automated testing in software.
Automated testing increases the speed of testing. It reduces labour costs since the process can go on even when a human is not present. But then, it is not as thorough as manual testing.
Problems encountered in automation testing
1. Unnaturally high expectations
It is normal to expect that automation will get rid of challenges faced due to manual testing. Vendors often harp about benefits of this process, and downplay the amount of effort needed to obtain the same. General optimism from automation is expected, but not optimism that points towards sky high expectations. So have reasonable expectations from automation.
2. Participating in poor testing practices
In case the testing practice is poor, where tests are poorly organised with inconsistent documentation and if tests are not effective in pointing out defects, then there is no point in automation. Therefore you need to improve your current testing practices.
3. Technical problems related to tools
The commercial test execution tools are sold by vendor companies, and are not completely immune to defects. Problems with third party products or your own applications can always crop up. You must give it the time necessary to solve such problems.
4. Expecting that automated tests will find several new defects
When the test is run for the first time, it is likely to find defects. But if it has run and already passed the test, no new defects will be found. So do not run the tests unnecessarily in the hope of finding new defects.
The International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) organizes certification exams all around the world in order to polish the skills of Software testers. ISTQB certifications are accepted world-wide and are one of the most widespread certification exams for software testing professionals. Some of the multinational firms even consider ISTQB certifications as a qualifying criteria while recruiting testers. The ISTQB Foundation level known as CTFL exam is meant for both-beginners or freshers aspiring to join the software testing stream and, experienced professionals who are willing to add value to their skill set. Here is a step by step guide on how to prepare and pass the ISTQB Foundation level exam:
Institutions Conducting Certification Exams
Firstly, you need to decide where to take the certification exam from. ISTQB certification exams are organized by different national boards under the supervision of ISTQB. Different countries have their own national boards like American Software Testing Board (ASTQB), Indian Testing Board (ITB), and Canada Testing Board etc. Apart from these national boards there are individual institutes or service providers conducting ISTBQ certification exams.
Finalize The Date
Next step is to choose the date of exam and the location or exam center. ISTQB Foundation level aspirants need a time span of 2 to 6 weeks for preparing well. Choose a date and exam center as per your convenience.
Syllabus and Study Material
The next important step is to undergo the syllabus for CTFL certification exam. You can easily download it for free from the official website of ISTQB. Go through the syllabus thoroughly as it well helps you understand the overall framework of the exam. Buy a good book on software testing for beginners and read it well. One of the most popular book for is “Foundations of Software Testing-ISTQB Certification” by Rex Black, Erik Van Veenendaal and, Dorothy Graham. Though this book is costly, however, it provides a comprehensive study material to pass CTFL exam. Along with course study you should also solve sample papers and ISTQB dumps available online and appear for mock tests.
In addition to self-study you can also join a training institute to get familiar with TSTQB certification exam pattern and process. In fact, this option can save a lot of time and effort as you get to prepare for the exam in a focused and updated manner. Joining a training institute also helps you learn appropriately in line with standards. The institutes also provide a team of well qualified and experienced professionals as trainers which facilitates quality preparation. However, do research well before joining any ISTQB certification training institute.
Squad Infotech Pvt. Ltd. Is a Professional Training Center catering to ISTQB’s Certification Exam aspirants since 2010. Till date the company has trained many professionals and freshers and helped them outperform candidates from other institutes and win respectable software testing jobs.
As quality testing is to manufacturing so is software testing to software development and application. This statement highlights the growing importance of testing in the software development industry. Software testing has now evolved as a separate profession in itself giving career opportunities to youth who aspire for highly innovative and a creative job profile. So, here is a short analysis of Software Testing as a career option, the opportunities and career growth available in the software testing field.
Compared to software development, only 30% students from engineering or computer science background join as software testers. The reason for this low percentage is the myth around testing as a less promising career option. However, the drastic changes in IT industry has turned the tables. The software testing has advanced diversely in recent years due to highly demanding and customized need for software development. Presently, there is a huge gap between demand and supply of manpower in the software testing domain. People joining as software testers are sure to experience speedy and substantial career growth as compared to developers.
Apart from strong growth perspectives, if you start as a software tester, the opportunities you get to learn, update and excel are immense and multiple. A software tester, taking into account the personal preferences and interest, can choose to be specialized in any specific testing area to reach to higher levels to become a testing architect, which focuses on technical aspects of testing. Or, you can acquire expertise on a particular domain and be a functional expert. Another emerging option to choose from is testing for professional games or mobile testing, security or usability testing. These categories can broadly be classified as- Performance testing, Business Analyst and, Automation Testing.
You can also consider the quality assurance segment and can eventually grow and become a QA Manager or QA Lead. Talking about the usual ladder a fresher can begin as junior test engineer, and, move further to-test engineer, senior test engineer or analyst, Test Leader, QA or project manager, test consultant or QA Head. Software testers, having knowledge of automated testing tools are awfully in demand. So, if you have an earnest zeal to constantly update, learn and grow, Software Testing is the field that sufficiently offers promising career paths in the field of ever growing and changing Information Technology.
Squad Infotech Pvt. Ltd. is one of the professional software testing training institutes in Mumbai who not only proficient in training students but also provide complete job assistance which guarantees them software testing job.