Software testing is a process to rectify or to fill the gaps and flaws in a software application to make to it 100% ready for personal usage. It improves the functionality of the application and avoiding the birth of software bugs which are highly dangerous for the application.
This testing has been divided into two parts where one is manual testing while the other is automated testing. Both of them are having equal advantages of their own but differ in way of exercising. The kind of testing relies on factors like financing, timeline, suitability etc. While the all time goal is to complete the project on time without wasting any extra money over it plus giving a quality product to its customers.
In manual testing, the testing is being performed by a person (expert) without any usage of tool or script therefore the chances of mistakes are more hence making it less reliable. Manual testing is also time consuming and requires investment for human resources. There are exercised only when test cases are run once or twice. While in automated one, the testing is being processed with tools and scripts hence more reliable. Since software tools are being used therefore automated testing is faster therefore could be when test cases are run repeatedly. One can easily go through some amazing training centres in Mumbai for where automation testing courses are being taught.
- Lesser human resources- You’ll be needing a test automation engineer who is supposed to write the script to automate the testing process
- Reusability- The scripts can be recycled all over again hence could be used to perform the same test again without missing any step.
- Bugs- Using automation will help you locate software bugs at an early stage of software development hence reducing your time to fix it in future. It also lowers the risk of data loss.
- Reliability- It is more reliable as compared to manual testing and quicker in completing the repetitive standardized tests.
- Volume- In automated testing; you can run it on thousands of mobile devices, while in testing them all manually is next to impossible.
Software Testing is a task where computer software is being tested so as analyse and correct all of its defects hence making it ready to use. This process helps to identify errors and gaps which could either be rectified with tools or manually. It is also called as “Black Box Testing.”
Software Testing is necessary since it removes the software bugs which are highly fatal for the system since it can cause monetary as well as human loss.
It has been divided into three categories:
- Functional Testing
- Non-Functional Testing, also known as Performance Testing
Software testing as career:
As far as it is concerned with making career, one could also make it as a profession he has non-technical skills since there are options in this category as well:
- Analytical skills: A polished software tester would know how to how to break up a complex software system into smaller units to gain a better understanding and create test cases.
- Time management: A good software tester must know how to work efficiently under pressure with high productivity skills.
- Communication skills: Someone having good verbal and written communications skills would always be considered as a true communicator. Therefore, he would be able to crack deals with developers by playing diplomacy.
- Attitude: An attitude to complete your work and win is the real attitude that a software tester must have. One must have the eagerness to learn and speed up with the evolving technologies hence upgrading the skills as per the need of the hour.
- Basic knowledge of database
- Knowledge of Linux command
- Experience of Test Management Tools
- Experience on Defect Tracking Tools
- Experience on Automation Tools
One can also go for several specializations if he is having enough experience in manual testing, like:
- Automation Testing: One is responsible for the automating manual test case execution.
- Performance Testing: One is responsible for checking application responsiveness.
- Business Analyst: One is responsible for analyzing and assessing his company’s business models and workflow.
So, taking a formal software testing training from reputed training institutes like SQUAD Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
Automation testing is an automatic technique which provides effectiveness and efficiency to the testing software and also uses an application to implement the entire life cycle of the software in less time. It is a technique where the tester writes the scripts on their own and then uses a suitable software to test it. Automation testing involves no manual work while executing an automated test suite and uses automation tools to write and execute test cases.
The Automation Software Testing course is designed to provide you the complete knowledge of all the software testing technologies like Selenium Grid, Docker, Appium, AutoIT, Maven, TestNG, and Selenium Web Driver. In this course, you will be able to employ the technical knowledge that you will learn to build a robust testing framework using Data-Driven Approach and Page Object Design Pattern. In our Automated Software Testing Course, you will receive a detailed overview of Core Java 8 concepts and instruction on Docker to run your tests across various platforms. You will also achieve parallelism in your testing production and environment with the course.
Automation Software Testing Course includes:
- Automated software testing techniques and concepts
- Types of testing, testing methodologies and fundamentals of testing
- How to use different software testing tools and their importance
- Differentiate between Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Understanding Configuration management and risk management
- Working with Test Batch Runner, Data-Driven Tests, Checkpoints, and Object Repository
- Handling requirement and managing users module
- Identification of defects, tracking and managing their reporting
- Plan, create, enhance and correlate automated Virtual user scripts
- Manage and schedule load test scenarios
Benefits of Automation Software Testing Course are:
- Able to identify the areas of software to automate
- Able to write test scripts
- Able to develop test suits
- Able to select the best tool for test automation
- Able to execute test scripts
- Able to build result reports
- Able to find performance issue or possible bugs
Automation Software Testing tools included in the course are:
- HP Quick Test Professional
- Visual Studio Test Professional
- IBM Rational Functional Tester
- Silk Test
When software is developed, it is important to make it free from defects. For this, a software tester detects these defects and repairs them accordingly using the right tools and testing methods. Software testing is an important and a very effective procedure during the development of software. It is an important part of the entire software development process. Manual testing has been going through a lagging phase since the introduction of automation testing. Automation testing is a convenient and a quick process that is much more precise as compared to manual testing. Time is money and money is important and in order to get the money and the time to do other things as well, automation testing is used. It is a pre – defined software testing procedure that need not be repeated time and again like manual testing.
Manual testing invites a lot of errors and that is where and when systems go wrong. The tester might insert the wrong input data due to typo or other issues, he may not observe the reports with utmost attention or might simply miss or forget mentioning some of the test cases. At times when sequences in the tests are important, the tester might disrupt the concerned orientation and as a result, the test might be incorrect.
Another undeniable feature or significance of automation testing is that its scripts can help in the storage of the tester’s data, maintenance of their domain and also storing the project or task knowledge of the tester. For instance, when a tester begins to work over a particular project, he gains the required knowledge about specific modules before initiating with the testing procedure. This is a time consuming process. But, when the tester leaves the project incomplete he takes away the acquired knowledge with him. Thus, the new tester has to repeat the entire concept or process again which is a simple waste of time. With the scripting feature of automation testing, the new tester can gain access to the knowledge built from the project and begin from where it was left. Automation testing is beneficial in all its aspects.
What is Web Application Automation Testing?
The process revolves around all applications that are hosted on the web, that is, all web applications.
Web testing detects and eliminates issues associated with website security, website functionality, usability, compatibility, accessibility and performance. This makes the web application almost free from issues and defects before it is released before the masses.
Web Application Test Automation Tools:
- Stress, Performance and Load Test tools:
These tools facilitate two things at the same time. They are a.) High, speedy and fulfilling performance and b.) minimum stress and load on the application. Following tools are considered essential when it comes to stress and performance of tools:
- Apache JMeter
- Load Impact
- Web Regression Testing tools:
Developers, users or precisely, web applications have to face bugs due to a number of reasons. These can be inappropriate functionality, improper usability, security or behaviour. Such tools are known to eliminate or eradicate bugs from suffering web applications within a matter of minutes in an absolutely cost effective way. Fixing or solving a bug problem, preparing a bug draft, estimating priority and its severity are some difficult phases during the developmental process of a website or a web application.
- Link Manager Testing Tools:
There exist a small number of websites which are not based on links. Which means that a majority of functioning websites are based and can be accessed entirely through links? A broken, manipulated, wrong or missed website can lead you a wrong page conveying to you the wrong information or the information that was not needed. Thus, links can be corrected and well managed using the link manager tools.
- Security Testing Tools:
It is necessary to safeguard and protect a website. It is more essential to safeguard and maintain the privacy of the users of a particular website. Some viruses tend to enter the website program or system and degrade its quality and output by corrupting the system. Many users are in one way or the other dependent on these websites due to which, its use cannot be discontinued. However, website security testing tools can be used to continue the website’s usage without letting the virus corrupt your system.
No matter what you do, quality matters. Focusing specifically on software testing, your skills hold a great value here since the IT industry is the ever blooming industry. The demand for software testers giving quality is on the rise. In order to increase your pace in the field of IT industry, you have to adapt yourself to the change. And this adaptation with the change should be of the specialized type, the one that you master. The one that reflects your expertise and shows off your knowledge.
Given below is a detailed account of how you can improve and see success:
1. Make learning an investment:
It is your duty to provide stake holders with the necessary information and the updating so that they can make beneficial investments. For this, you yourself should be aware of the changes. Feed yourself with technical knowledge and skills to easily identify bugs. Your spontaneous identification features will impress stakeholders. Socialize and get involved with business groups and sales group. Communicating and interacting with them will not only help you learn how things work but will also motivate you to settle less. Learn new strategies and advancements in technologies and tools.
2. Write and Practice:
When you learn more concepts about bugs and their identification, write them down. Remember, writing is equal to ten times of reading. This will settle the concept in your brain and will help you remember them for a long time. Prepare reports about bugging. Compare these reports to other software testers. Find out your own mistakes and see how you can improvise yourself further.
3. Attend discussions and seminars:
To facilitate the updating of your knowledge on a regular basis, attend seminars. Participate in discussions. The underlying benefit here is that changing trends and tools are discussed. You are guided about how the IT industry is evolving and how can you match that pace.
4. Connect to people:
Connecting and socializing with people belonging to your field will help you connect a professional network. You can discuss things about them and also learn. You never even know how lucky you might get.
What is Software Testing?
Coders or software engineers are responsible for developing a code. The developed code is then checked by a team of software testers. The aim of software testing is to ensure that the output of the code is in accordance with the desired result. It helps identify any errors or gaps in the code. After a particular error has been fixed, it may give rise to some other glitches. This helps determine the quality of the software and provide a feedback to the developers regarding software bugs. It is essential that the code works in the desired environment, is quick to load and is user-friendly.
It might sound easy, but even the simplest of codes have to work for infinite values. Thus, specialists are required for this field. There are various testing methods, levels, types and processes a code has to go through. Software testing is indeed, quite a lucrative field.
Scope for Students with Gap
A few years gap after education is often not considered a good sign by hiring managers. But software testing is a field you can explore, if you are in the above situation. There are various certification courses which you can pursue to show the future employers your true potential. A number of online resources give you a chance to work freelance on software testing projects. You don’t necessarily need a college degree in a related course to land a job as a software tester. You can build your skills and resume even after graduation. If you can convince the employer of your credibility, responsibility and skill set, a gap of few years won’t be a hindrance.
The immense scope in this field and need of testers presents a large number of opportunities. You can start as a test engineer and move up the ladder. Positions like QA manager, analyst and security tester are available to people who have the know-how of testing. The pay scale is quite attractive and the career growth offered is unparalleled. As long as codes are being developed, there will be a need for testers. Students must not fret about their gap years but instead, focus on learning the skill. Joining a reputed software testing institute, like SQUAD Infotech Pvt. Ltd., which always help you in finding right job.